Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Prayers

I have been meaning to share with you a very special craft project for a while now.

What my niece went thru in December was very scary. It was a very difficult time for our family. It was had to know how to deal with such traumatic news. She is so sweet... It was so hard to watch her go thru all the poking and testing in the hospital.


The hospital room was overwhelming and scary, so clinical and medical. I wanted to bring in some flowers to brighten the place up, but for allergy reasons or something, there were no fresh flowers allowed on the pediatric oncology floor.

I decided to make her some flowers out of my wool sweater stash.

I cut and I cut...all the cutting became my silent meditation...

and the stitches of each button are a prayer. I worked on them a little everyday. They took me so long to finish that by the time I had a bouquet, Ayana had been sent home. I set out to make something for my sister and my niece but it turned out to be for me. It got me thru.


Praise God, our prayers are being answered. Ayana continues to do well and all the monitoring and testing is showing that the tumor is receeding, and she has not needed any chemotherapy. She recently had a CT scan and the tumor had regressed to such an extent that she they will just monitor it now with ultrasound.

1 comment:

Rae said...

Praise God that she is doing better... I can't even imagine what that would be like :( Much love to sweet little Ayana