Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!


From Lily the cow, Rosie the scary ghost and Daisy the little mouse!


I wasn't sure how we were going to handle Halloween this year considering most of the candy collected most likely wouldn't be gluten and dairy free. I had wanted to plan some kind of a party with healthy fun snacks, costumes and games... but like I have time for that! So after sometime pondering the dilemma, I came up with the idea to have the kids trick or treat and collect all the candy they could, bring it home and count it up and use it to buy some fun toys from me with it! It was a win win for all of us. They had fun trick or treating, didn't consume hoards of sugar or wheat or dairy, got a fun new toy, and I have a whole bag of chocolate to eat after they go to bed!!!!

3 comments:

Shari said...

Smart thinking!
My littlest nieces came over last night and I wasn't prepared (cause we don't get trick-or-treaters out here). They ended up with an apple and $1 each.
Hey, it works.

The girls are cute - as always. Glad to hear everyone had fun and stayed safe.

Ma Hammar said...

I'm going to make sure I have Halloween off next year! They were sooooo cute!
Love,
Ma Hammar

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!! Win-win for everybody (even you!) We've been hoarding our kids' candy, too at bedtime. Ha! Your girls were adorable... did you make their costumes?