Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake!

My mother gave me this little recipe book with family recipes in it. The photo on the front is me when I was 4 or 5 and my Grandma Barb with her ribbon winning bread from the fair. My favorite recipe is her baking powder biscuits and we use them for strawberry shortcakes. My mom makes them often (dessert is her specialty!).
Strawberries were on sale (I road my bike to the grocery store to get them, I was really proud of myself, but that is a differant blog post!) so I decided to see if my new flour mixture was going to work by trying it out with this recipe.


They turned out great and everyone seemed to like them, including Daisy!


So if you'd like to try them for yourself, here's the recipe:

Grandma Barb's Baking Powder Bisquits

2 cups Flour (GF if you choose or wheat Flour)
2 Tbs Sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cups margarine

Mix with a fork until crumbly. Add 1/4- 1/2 cup milk until it is JUST moist. Lay out on a floured board and pat to about 3/4 inch thick, or thicker if desired. Use a glass or round cookie cutter. Bake at 400 degrees about 12-14 minutes. Makes 6-9 biscuits.









No comments: