Monday, May 19, 2008

Winter is gone...

So now that winter is finally over, we have entered the other season that we have here in Michigan...Road Construction. It seems as though overnight almost every road I travel has a big ROAD CLOSED sign, and the one I frequent the most, Lake Dr. is the biggest mess of all. This is the view out our font door:


What a mess! and this is supposed to last all summer! It is so loud! When they are working the whole house shakes and it feels as though we are living in a war zone. The other day I couldn't figure out why I was so anxious and edgy all day long, till I stopped to think about all the crashing and banging and I realized how jumpy I am because of it. I jump every time assuming that one of my kids has climbed up on a piece of furniture and brought it down. It's really not out of the realm of possibility around here!

Today we are without water as they work on the water main. I thought I had planned ahead enough by filling up four jugs of water and taking my shower, but I didn't account for the fact that my kids are needing to be constantly hosed off as they get food and various other substances all over themselves every few minutes. I can't tell you how many times I have thoughtlessly turned on the faucet and been scared to death by the burst of air and dirty water that shoots out! The big problem is how do you flush the toilet!!!! It's only 11am and it is already really gross! I think we might be heading for the Y!

The kids are pretty unhappy about the road work. They really don't like the disturbance of their neighborhood. Friday I found Rosie on the back porch protesting. 




No comments: